Centre of Light
Help us build a global centre
for spiritual ecology
Ecovillage Bhrugu Aranya is the first ecovillage in Poland. For over 27 years our international community has been creating a safe haven, a place where people can learn organic gardening, sustainable living and creative expression through arts and music. This lifestyle is further strengthened by a strong spiritual foundation that is non-denominational and universal.
The focus of our educational Homa Therapy Foundation (NGO) has been sharing the healing, life-transforming tool of Agnihotra, a Vedic science that heals not only mind, body and spirit, but also our environment.
The atmosphere of our ecovillage is infused with high vibrations from these Ayurvedic fires that are performed daily. This energy radiates to heal the Earth and all life – plants, animals and humans. Many people find peace and deep healing here, learn new skills, and return to their homes armed with practical tools with which to transform their lives.
We are building the Centre of Light to be able to better serve the increasing number of people wishing to come and learn. The eco-centre is being built mainly with clay, straw and wood. It will provide a much needed venue where teachers, healers, artists, seekers and pioneers can share their gifts for humanity and for our planet. A place where people receive support for their personal transformation, at a time of great global transformation.
Join us in the final stages of building the Centre of Light!
Ayurvedic Healing techniques to bring Nature back into balance
The healing benefits of Agnihotra
An ideal place for retreat and reflection in a purified atmosphere
Experiencing life in our unique Ecovillage
Ecological Building Workshops
Homa Organic Gardening, Agriculture & Beekeeping
Workshops on how to use wild & organically grown Herbs
Yoga and Meditation for health and stress relief
Creative Arts for Self-expression
Mandala Art Therapy
Music Workshops – Medicine for the Soul
Fire & Sound Healing with Crystal Bowls
Organic Vegetarian & Vegan Food for wellness & rejuvenation
Classes in Traditional Crafts & Skills
Over the years, we have been able to educate and share our collective skills and environmental healing methods with literally thousands of people. Now has come the time for major expansion in order to accommodate the increasing numbers who wish to learn and experience life at our Ecovillage.
Through our continued practice of ancient Ayurvedic science over the past 27 years, we provide the living proof that we can offer workable solutions which help correct, heal, nourish, and restore balance to whole eco-systems.
Ecovillage Bhrugu Aranya is a thriving international community in Poland. At present, 13 adults and 3 children reside here. Residents range in age from 1 to 76, and we are an eclectic group of artists, healers, writers, entrepreneurs, filmmakers, musicians, therapists, gardeners, teachers and herbalists. We are a collection of international pioneers who want to heal the planet from the grassroots up!
From the humble beginnings of two people (Jarek and Parvati) and a dilapidated log cabin, Bhrugu Aranya has grown into a wonderful healing oasis. Today, the ecovillage has beautiful organic gardens, an heirloom apple orchard, and ecologically built log and straw bale houses.
We have honey bees, cows, ducks, goats, cats and dogs and we are dedicated to the practice of non-violence by treating our animals with love and respect and teaching future generations about living harmoniously with nature. We practice healing Vedic fires that bring harmony to the ecovillage and allow us to grow amazing vegetables and potent medicinal herbs.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
We invite you to become part of this great project.
- Tell your friends about our project and invite them to support us.
- Follow our facebook fan page ‘Ecovillage Bhrugu Aranya’ and share our posts.
- Sign up to our Newsletter for news and updates.
- If you have helpful ideas please write to us.
- We welcome people to bring their skills to our community too! Should you wish to volunteer your time or skill sets you can find out how by visiting our website here
- Help in promotion by sharing our campaign through social media, websites etc.
- Donate to Centre of Light Campaign
If you are from the US and would like a tax deduction:
What we have done already:
- Building Project Documentation and Permission
- Skeletal structure and roof
- Light clay straw walls and interior clay plasters
- Exterior insulation
- Larch wood siding
- Wooden deck and cast iron balustrade
- Windows and outer doors
- Installation of floor heating and screed floor
- Roof insulation
- Plastering of ceilings
- Electric and plumbing work
- Tiling of kitchen, dining and art studio areas
- Septic, grey water and drainage systems
- Installation of 20 kw photovoltaic system in parking lot
To open our doors with accommodation, full-service kitchen, creative arts centre and workshop hall, we need the following:
* Completion of 12 guest accommodation rooms
* Kitchen equipment for our vegetarian kitchen (under the guidance of our resident former caterer)
* Equipment and supplies for the creative arts studio
* An elevator for handicapped guests (required for a public building)
* Wood and tile flooring and trim
* Interior doors
* Wood stairs finishing and bannisters
* Light fixtures for entire building
* Bathroom fixtures, showers, toilets and sinks
* Furniture and bedding for bedrooms
* Furniture for dining room, seminar rooms, etc.
* Ground level deck
The needed, unfinished work and equipment are estimated to cost about $350,000 USD.